Understand the zoosanitary certificate for the transit of dogs and cats

Understand the zoosanitary certificate for the transit of dogs and cats

Many owners think that the zoosanitary certificate for the transit of dogs and cats is only necessary for international trips, but this is not true. When traveling with your pet outside the country it is necessary to have the International Zoosanitary Certificate (CZI) and for that, it is necessary a series of documents that prove the good health of your pet, in addition to the consultation with one of the veterinarians approved by the Ministry of Agriculture - which can be scheduled to be done at the airport of the city where you are going to board. But what must be done to travel within the country?

How to get the zoosanitary certificate?

Both for trips inside the country and for trips abroad, it is necessary that the documentation of your pet is up to date, as well as your health. For that, it is necessary that your pet's vaccination card is up to date.

If you are going to travel within the national territory, the zoosanitary certificate for pets it's just a statement from your vet. In this Zoosanitary certificate - which can be given as a "Health Certificate" or "Health Certificate" - the veterinarian (who must be accredited by the Regional Council of Veterinary Medicine of the region of origin of your pet) affirms that the dog or cat has the perfect health for the trip.

Read More: Bill that prohibits animal testing is approved by the Chamber

This certificate must be done no later than three days before the trip to be valid, so it is good to leave the appointment previously scheduled with your trusted veterinarian.

At the animal health certificate for dogs and cats it is necessary to have the certificate of rabies vaccination (the vaccine must be taken at least one month before the trip), in addition to the name of the pet, breed, pedigree (if available), complete data of the owner and the veterinarian's opinion on the your partner's health.

For international trips, the owner must provide the CZI, which is the International Zoosanitary Certificate. Unlike the Zoosanitary Certificate that is used in the national territory, which is valid for three days, the CZI is valid for eight days before the trip. To obtain the CZI, your veterinarian must examine your pet and request a series of tests, which must be taken with the pet on the day of the consultation with the accredited Ministry of Agriculture veterinarian.

A tip for those who intend to take the dog to travel abroad with the rest of the family is to consult at the consulate of the destination country which tests are required in the country they are visiting, taking this documentation to your veterinarian. From that year, the passport for dogs and cats will come into effect, which will facilitate the entire process and will organize all the necessary information about your pet in one place.

Video: TOP SECRET SPY HACKS FOR COUPLE. Cool Pranks And Funny Situations In Every Relationships